142. Furniture: Write about a piece of furniture in your home.
143. Failure: Write about a time you failed at something. Did you try again or give up completely?
144. Mystical Creatures: Angels or other mystical creatures – use them as inspiration.
139. Sharing: Write about sharing something with someone else.
140. Cactus: Write from the viewpoint of a cactus – what’s it like to live in the dessert or have a “prickly personality”?
141. It’s a Sign: Have you seen any interesting road signs lately?
136. Bizarre Holiday: There is a bizarre holiday for any date! Look up a holiday for today’s date and create a poem in greeting card fashion or write a short story about the holiday to celebrate.
Holidays and observances
Abolition of Slavery Day (Mauritius)
Air Force Day (Nicaragua)
Christian feast day:
– Astina (Syrian Church)
– Blessed Candelaria of San José
– Brigid, patron saint of Ireland (Saint Brigid’s Day)
– February 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
Earliest day on which Constitution Day can fall, while February 7 is the latest; celebrated on the first Monday in February. (Mexico)
Federal Territory Day (Kuala Lumpur, Labuan and Putrajaya, Malaysia)
Heroes Day (Rwanda)
Imbolc (Ireland, Scotland, Isle of Man, and some Neopagan groups in the Northern hemisphere)
Memorial Day of the Republic (Hungary)
National Freedom Day (United States)
The start of Black History Month (United States and Canada)
138. Mailbox: Create a poem, short story, or journal entry based on a recent item of mail you’ve received.
133. Gadgets: If you could invent a gadget, what would it do? Are there any gadgets that make your life easier?
134: Bring on the Cheese: Write a tacky love poem that is so cheesy, it belongs on top of a pizza.
135. Ladders: Write a story or poem that uses ladders as a symbol.
I have had a few different kinds of dogs. I have had Poodles – the miniature ones, a Saint Bernard, Dobermans, a Kuvasz, a Pitbull, German Shepherds, Blue Heelers, border Collies, a Siberian Husky, a butterfly dog (Papillon), Chihuahuas, Miniatures, and a few mixes.
I enjoy their company, comradery (friendship), and their pure love. Their loyalty is also outstanding. I look forward to getting another dog soon. Most of the dogs I’ve had went through some kind of obedience training. They all graduated except one little blue heeler who had to go to 2 different obedience schools because he bit the instructor at the 1st obedient school nd we were kicked out. In the 2nd obedience school, he graduated with honors.
Overall, I purely love dogs and enjoy them greatly. They are great pets to have.
130. Read the News Today: Construct a poem or story using a news headline for your first line.
131. Macro: Write a description of an object close-up.
132. Transportation: Write about taking your favorite (or least-favorite) form of transportation.
127. Know-it-all: Write about something you are very knowledgeable about, for example a favorite hobby or passion of yours.
128. The Promise: Write about a promise you’ve made to someone. Did you keep that promise?
129. Commotion: Write about being overstimulated by a lot of chaos.
124. Fireworks: Do they inspire you or do you not like the noise and commotion? Write about it.
125. Frozen: Write about a moment in your life you wish you could freeze and preserve.
126. Alone: Do you like to be alone or do you like having company?
121. Stray Animal: Think of the life of a stray cat or dog and write about that.
122. Stop and Stare: Create a poem or story about something you could watch forever.
123. Your Bed: Describe where you sleep each night.