57. Alarm Clock: Write about waking up.
58. Darkness: Write a poem or journal entry inspired by what you can’t see
59. Refreshed: Write a poem about a time you really felt refreshed and renewed. Maybe it was a dip into a pool on a hot summer day, a drink of lemonade, or other situation that helped you relax and start again.
53. Tear-Jerker: Watch a movie that makes you cry. Write a poem about that scene in the movie.
54. Dear Diary: Write a poem or short story about a diary entry you’ve read or imagined.
55. Holding Hands: The first time you held someone’s hand.
Setting: Jersey City in the late 1800s
Lone woman pushes a stroller up the street.
Man leans in to give baby a kiss.
Woman: “Damnit, I know he is cute. But please keep your immigrant germs off my child.”
Woman: “Damnit, George. Not again.”
The woman looks back to find her son gripping another man’s nose firmly with his teeth. Blood quirts in every direction. The child gnaws away with glee and squeals with delight as the man frantically tries to shake him off. The woman grabs her son by the feet and gives a little tickle before the child releases the man’s nose. The child looks at his mother, with excitement in his eyes, sharp teeth protruding from under his blood-stained upper lip. The woman presses her son’s face to her chest and quickly scurries away.
By Phil Force
50. Just Say No: Write about the power you felt when you told someone no.
51: Sunrise/Sunset: It goes round and round.
52. Memory Lane: What’s it look like? How do you get there?
47. Light Switch: Write about coming out of the dark and seeing the light.
48. The Stars: Take inspiration from a night sky. Or, write about a time when “the stars aligned” in your horoscope.
49. Joke Poem: What did the wall say to the other wall? Meet ya at the corner! Hahaha.
44. Insult: Write about being insulted. How do you feel? Why do you think the other person insulted you?
45. Mirror, Mirror: What if you mirror started talking to you? What might the mirror say?
46. Dirty: Write a poem about getting covered in mud.
41. What You Don’t Know: Write about a secret you’ve kept from someone else or how you feel when you know someone is keeping a secret from you.
42. Warehouse: Write about being inside an old abandoned warehouse.
43. The Sound of Silence: Write about staying quiet when you feel like shouting.
38. Fire-starters: Write about building a fire.
39. Coffee & Tea: Surely you drink one or the other or know someone who does- write about it!
40. Car Keys: Write about someone getting their driver’s license for the first time.
35. War and Peace: Write about a recent conflict.
36. Frame It: Write a poem or some phrases that would make for good wall art in your home.
37. Puzzle: Write about putting together the pieces of puzzles.
30. Shopping: Write about your shopping wishlist and how you like to spend money.
31. The Professor: Write about a teacher that has influenced you.
33. Jewelry: Write about a piece of jewelry. Who does it belong to?