139. Sharing: Write about sharing something with someone else.
140. Cactus: Write from the viewpoint of a cactus – what’s it like to live in the dessert or have a “prickly personality”?
141. It’s a Sign: Have you seen any interesting road signs lately?
136. Bizarre Holiday: There is a bizarre holiday for any date! Look up a holiday for today’s date and create a poem in greeting card fashion or write a short story about the holiday to celebrate.
Holidays and observances
Abolition of Slavery Day (Mauritius)
Air Force Day (Nicaragua)
Christian feast day:
– Astina (Syrian Church)
– Blessed Candelaria of San José
– Brigid, patron saint of Ireland (Saint Brigid’s Day)
– February 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
Earliest day on which Constitution Day can fall, while February 7 is the latest; celebrated on the first Monday in February. (Mexico)
Federal Territory Day (Kuala Lumpur, Labuan and Putrajaya, Malaysia)
Heroes Day (Rwanda)
Imbolc (Ireland, Scotland, Isle of Man, and some Neopagan groups in the Northern hemisphere)
Memorial Day of the Republic (Hungary)
National Freedom Day (United States)
The start of Black History Month (United States and Canada)
138. Mailbox: Create a poem, short story, or journal entry based on a recent item of mail you’ve received.
133. Gadgets: If you could invent a gadget, what would it do? Are there any gadgets that make your life easier?
134: Bring on the Cheese: Write a tacky love poem that is so cheesy, it belongs on top of a pizza.
135. Ladders: Write a story or poem that uses ladders as a symbol.
127. Know-it-all: Write about something you are very knowledgeable about, for example a favorite hobby or passion of yours.
128. The Promise: Write about a promise you’ve made to someone. Did you keep that promise?
129. Commotion: Write about being overstimulated by a lot of chaos.
121. Stray Animal: Think of the life of a stray cat or dog and write about that.
122. Stop and Stare: Create a poem or story about something you could watch forever.
123. Your Bed: Describe where you sleep each night.
118. Shoes: What kind of shoes do you wear? Where do they lead your feet?
119. The Ex: Write a poem to someone who is estranged from you.
120. My Point of View: Write in the first person point of view.
103. Secret Message: Write something with a secret message hidden in between the words. For example, you could make an acrostic poem using the last letters of the word or use secret code words in the poem.
104. Vacation: Write about a vacation you took.
105. Heat: Write about being overheated and sweltering.
100. Normal: What does normal mean to you? Is it good or bad to be normal?
101. Recycle: Take something you’ve written in the past and rewrite it into a completely different piece.
102. Wardrobe: Write about a fashion model or what’s currently in your closet or drawers.
Create or recite an inspiring quote.
95. Adjectives: Make a list of the first 5 adjectives that pop into your head. Use these 5 words in your story, poem, or journal entry.
96. Fairy Tales: Rewrite a fairy tale. Give it a new ending or make it modern or write as a poem.
97. Whispers: Write about someone who has to whisper a secret to someone else.