157. What Time is It? Write about the time of day it is right now. What are people doing? What do you usually do at this time each day?
158. Party Animal: Have you ever gone to a party you didn’t want to leave? Or do you hate parties? Write about it!
159: Miss Manners: Write using the words “please” and “thank you”.
I love the scent of burning candles. They come in different colors and different fragrances. The vanilla reminds me of home-made cookies. The peach reminds me of eating those delicious, fresh, ripe peaches. The mint clears my airways. The cinnamon reminds me of when I used to buy cinnamon sticks I got from a girl in the 6th grade. I would chomp on them until all the fiery hot cinnamon was gone. The rose candle reminds me of how roses smell when they are in full bloom. The pine candle reminds me of Chanukah and having a fresh pine tree in the house to celebrate with the whole family. The potpourri candle reminds me that, for now, I should only smell one scent in a candle at a time. I am not able to smell the cherry candle very well. The cherry smell in faint to me. The pumpkin candle smells like I could eat the whole pumpkin pie if it was before me. Yum! The strawberry candle is soothing to me. The lemon candle is a light-airy type of smell with a fresh scent of lemon. I think though, my favorite candle scent is the rose scented one.
By Caroline Jones
154. Twenty-One: Write about your 21st birthday.
155. Aromatherapy: Write about scents you just absolutely love.
156. Swish, Buzz, Pop: Create a poem that uses Onomatopoeia.
How it feels: Write about how something feels. It could be a memory or a common experience. Is there a certain smell or color you associate with it? Is there music? What does it taste like?
3 Wishes: You find a magic lamp. What are your 3 wishes?
151. The Grass is Greener: Write about switching the place with someone or going to where it seems the “grass is greener”.
152. Mind & Body: Write something that would motivate others to workout and exercise.
153. Shaping Up: Write something that makes a shape on the page…ie: a circle, a heart, a square, etc.
145. Flying: Write about having wings and what you would do.
146. Clear and Transparent: Write a poem about being able to see-through something.
147. Break the Silence: Record yourself speaking, then write down what you spoke and revise into a short story or poem.
142. Furniture: Write about a piece of furniture in your home.
143. Failure: Write about a time you failed at something. Did you try again or give up completely?
144. Mystical Creatures: Angels or other mystical creatures – use them as inspiration.
139. Sharing: Write about sharing something with someone else.
140. Cactus: Write from the viewpoint of a cactus – what’s it like to live in the dessert or have a “prickly personality”?
141. It’s a Sign: Have you seen any interesting road signs lately?